Want a Wedding Dress
Of course you do!
But before you can say your most important "I Do", you need to find the perfect wedding dress that flatters a big bust.
that Flatters a Big Bust?
There are thousands of different dresses to choose from, and with your beautiful hourglass figure there are some styles you should avoid and others that will make you look absolutely gorgeous.
On this page you'll find a ton of valuable information like ...
1.Tips to consider before you leave your house to go shopping.
2. Why one size DOES NOT fit all full figure brides.
3. Neckline Tips for your gown.
4. Important 'Strapless' information
(including great full figure strapless bras.)
5. Which dress cut works for us.
6. What skirt style looks best.
Tips to consider before shopping for your wedding dress
- Go bra shopping first
Make sure you buy a bra that fits perfectly. Do Not go shopping for your wedding dress in an old, saggy sports bra. Brush up on your bra shopping skills
- Take one or two trusted friends with you. They won't be afraid to tell you their opinion and point out which wedding dress flatters a big bust.
- Go shopping on a day when you feel great. If you're having a bad hair day or PMSin', you're setting yourself up for a rough time.
- Call the Bridal Shops before you go and let them know you're coming. Some shops require an appointment. This might seem like a hassle, but it will insure that you have an attentive, supportive sale person totally focused on you.
- Always, Always be chummy with the wedding dress sales lady. She has seen hundreds of brides with different body types. She will have a very good idea about what will work for you. With this being said, don't let her push you into something that's not what you want. If you're just not 'clickin' with her personally, go somewhere else.
- Because of your larger bust, you may have to go up 3 or 4 sizes. Do not let this send you into a hopeless depression! It's totally normal. I wear a 10-12 and my wedding dress was a 16! It's just a number, forget about it.
- Try on lots of different dresses. You might be surprised what style you like. When you find the perfect dress you'll know, but make your dress prove itself by trying on several dresses even after you have the one. That way you'll feel confident that you made the perfect choice and not second guess yourself. The wedding dress I chose was the first dress I tried on, but I tried on another 5 dresses just to make sure.
Does One Size Fit All?No Woman's body is exactly the same. This is especially true for women with large breasts.
I wish I could say, "this is the perfect dress for all women with large breasts!"
There are so many other factors to consider, (like hips, arms, tummies, and height) it's just not possible.
However, I can recommend certain characteristics of a wedding dress that flatters a big bust.
Hopefully, this will save you time when you're shopping because you will avoid trying on dresses that just won't work and you can zero in and focus on ones that will.
Finding a Wedding Dress that Flatters a Big Bust
- A Sweetheart, V-neck, or Scoop Neck are Flattering
Also, if you don't mind showing some skin, an off the shoulder look may be the right wedding dress that flatters a big bust.
- Avoid a high neckline.
It will make your bust look bigger.
- Also steer clear of halter-top styles.
- Be tasteful when showing cleavage
(heaven knows we have plenty of it) There's a fine line between classy and trashy.
- Bend-over and look in the mirror.
Remember, at your wedding you'll be bending over to kiss your great-aunt Heidi in her wheelchair. Be mindful of what she'll be staring at. Besides, you'll have oodles of time to show-off this asset on the honeymoon.
- One Last Neckline Tip:
Keep your neckline and bustline simple. It's best to avoid large embellishments, heavy beadwork or other large details on the bodice. It will be the first place people look and we're trying to downplay this area.
What about going strapless?It's hard to write this because I know how popular strapless wedding gowns are, but here's my two cents;
Choose your strapless dress very very carefully!
What do I mean?...
Big busted women need the support provided by wearing a good bra so, if you're going strapless, GET A GOOD STRAPLESS BRA!
Where can a big busted woman get a full figure strapless bra?
I wrote a great page about Full Figure Strapless Bras - Check it out!
It's okay to show some skin
If you find a strapless dress that you absolutely adore, ask the saleslady if they have that style with straps.
If it is your childhood dream to wear strapless, and it seems to be a very popular style of wedding dress, then look for a strapless dress that comes up high enough to cover your boobs.
Stay away from a low cut, strapless gown because it will not be a wedding dress that flatters your big bust and you will regret the three feet of cleavage you'll see in your wedding pictures. Just trust me on this one.
Dress Cut TipsMost all the experts agree that an A-line silhouette (also known as the Princess cut) highlights an hourglass figure the best. This means that the sides of the dress will hug your curves, flaring out just at or below the waist.
A drop waist is another style that will help to elongate your waist and define the area between our bustline and hips.
Empire waist does not flatter a big bust. Wearing this style with large breasts can make you look pregnant! Ekkk! We Definitely don't want that! Unless maybe that's what you're going for. Don't waste you time with this style and stay focused on looking for a wedding dress that flatters a big bust.
Some women with big busts like the corset style dresses. This style does offer support and can streamline your silhouette.
Wedding Dress Bottom Tips
Moderate fullness in the skirt is a good thing for busty brides because it will balance out top-heaviness.
The fullness offered by an A-line or princess cut is very flattering to women of all body shapes.
Another trick to looking thinner and more balanced is to pick a wedding dress that is on the longer side.
If you like dresses with decorations and embellishments, the skirt and train are the places to have them. It will become the focal point and help minimize the bust size.
Return from Wedding Dress That Flatters a Big Bust to Fashion Guidelines
Other Fashion Pages for Voluptuous WomenFinding shirts that flatter a big bust.
Jacket for Large Breasted Women
Completing Your Outfit With the Right Pants
HomePage for Big Bust Support